Salsa is easy enough to make, tastes great and has lots of healthy ingredients. It may just be the perfect snack.
This recipe is easy to make and makes use of a blender. A food processor would work too.
If you don’t have either you can still make this salsa recipe and work on or show off your cutting skills at the same time. For a chunkier salsa you may prefer cutting everything yourself and there is nothing wrong with that. I don’t like a salsa that is blitzed into something the consistency of baby food.
Tri Pepper Salsa
- Two 14.5oz cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 diced serrano pepper optional
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed or chopped garlic
- ½ cup diced onions
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 cooked tomatillos optional
- Combine peppers, spices, optional tomatillos and about 1/2 a can of the tomatoes in a blender and blend well so there are no large pieces of peppers.
- Add cilantro to ingredients in the mixer and pulse until cilantro is chopped into small pieces.
- Add rest of tomatoes and pulse a few times or to preference.
- Add onions
- If you want everything smaller pulse a few more times, but I would only pulse it a few times.
- Refrigerate overnight so the flavors can mingle. This is important for the best flavor.