This is a simple and tasty recipe for rice flavored with your favorite cajun seasoning.
It’s great by itself or also good in tacos, probably burritos too!
Goes well with souvlaki or kebobs.
You could easily flavor this with a different seasoning.
- 1 pot to cook rice with a lid A clear glass lid makes monitoring the rice easier
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup basmati rice can use any long grain rice
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 cube chicken boulion
- Rinse rice until water is clear if you don't want sticky rice.
- Put butter, spice mix, crushed up cube in a pot (big enough to cook the rice) over low heat until well combined and you start to smell the spice mix.
- Add rice and stir until rice is coated with the butter mixture.
- Add water and bring to a boil
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until rice is soft and water is absorbed/boiled off.
- Take off heat and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes to allow any remaining water to absorb or evaporate.
- Fluff rice and serve.